American University of Nigeria (AUN) Recruitment for Graduate Research Officers, 2017 — Apply Before Application Deadline
We at Nigerian Recruitment Online Portal is pleased to inform members of the public that American University of Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 has started . We will be using this medium to bring to your awareness AUN Application guide ,detailed listing of responsibilities, requirements for the Position, abilities for the position, requirements and how to apply.
All You Need To Known About The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is a learning Nigerian institution that was established in year 2003. (AUN) is the Africa’s first Development University that has produced several popular personalities in Nigeria. The institution to face with the responsibility of providing learning service and building of leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal matters. The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region.
It is committed to providing the right skills and the leadership skills to solving the continent’s critical social and economic challenges. This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Assistant Coordinator, Student Affairs (Female), New Foundation School (NFS)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Foundation Programs, New Foundation School
Candidates: External and Internal
Summary of Position
- The Research Officer is to fully render supports services to the Chair of Petroleum Chemistry Department and he/she will be responsible for the regular operation of laboratory equipment in Petroleum Chemistry Laboratory, and to fully support students and faculty research work.
- To assist the Vice President in ensuring the smooth running of the daily operations of the AUN New Foundation School. The following duties is to be taken care off by the staff in this section:
- They are assisting with the planning
→Implementation of varying levels of activities for the New Foundation School with a view to achieving the vision and mission behind its establishment.
- The workers will reside in the housing complex with the students and coordinate all aspects of their residence life. Staff in this section should be directly responsible for reporting directly to the Coordinator Student Affairs.
Requirements for the Position
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Petroleum Chemistry.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience with at least one (1) years of relevant experience in research and other student support
services is an advantage.
- Familiarity and expertise with information technology, including
- administrative software systems and Microsoft Office; knowledge of databases preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, organized and detail oriented.
- Sound understanding of student development theory, and success in working collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and students; working with at-risk populations a plus.
- Ability to carry out troubleshooting on major equipmentAbility to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Ability to thrive in diverse environments and strong cross cultural communication skills
- Ability to represent the NFS in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A clear understanding of professional boundaries and acceptable ethical behavior – including, but not limited to, appropriate relationships with students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with a high level efficiency.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth operation of equipment in the laboratory. Theequipment in the research laboratory include, Flash elemental analyzer, Gas chromatography, Flash point tester, Flame Photometer, Cloud & Pour Points Tester, Bomb calorimeter and Atomic absorption Spectrophotometer.
- Assist in undergraduate laboratory sections of Analytical, Physical and General Chemistry classes.
- Support for senior research students and faculty research work.
- Promote the department’s research and scholarly activities by presenting research findings in seminars and conferences.
- Contribute to AUN’s community service and development.
- Installation and maintenance of equipment in the Research laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned by the School Dean and Department Chair.
How to Apply
If you are interested simply submit your resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date: 26th July, 2017.