This piece is intended to be your guide on Federal Fire Service (FFS) Recruitment 2017 and How to Apply for Federal Fire Service Recruitment on their website >> www.portal.fedfire.gov.ng. Just keep scanning through this article as we walk you through the procedures of this Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017.
My readers has kept asking me questions about Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017 as well as how they can apply online but this Federal Fire Service post will encompasses other details like requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free of charge.
The Federal Fire Service (FFS) of Nigeria is expected to commence 2017 nationwide massive recruitment soon . The Federal Fire Service was established in 1901 by the British colonial regime as a unit within the Lagos Police Service Department to fight, prevent and combat fire outbreaks in the Government Reserved Areas of Lagos Colony. This Unit was formed and incorporated alongside the then Lagos Police and was known as the Lagos Police Fire Brigade. The Police Fire Brigade was thus an apparatus of the British Colonial Government. Its leadership and administration rested squarely on the colonists.
The Lagos Police Fire Brigade also known as (LPFB) was changed to Federal Fire Service by an Act of Parliament in 1963 known as the Fire Service Act of 1963. At that time, all workers including the male and female serving in the Lagos Police Fire Brigade were transferred to the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs (FMIA) as officers and men of the Federal Fire Service.
The Federal Fire Service (FFS) is therefore a paramilitary organisation that answers to Federal Ministry of Interior (FMI), with the Controller-General as its Head. They are absolutely under the Supervision of Federal Ministry of Interior.
Departments Available At Federal Fire Service
- National Fire Academy
- Admin and Finance
- Policy , Regulation and Inspectorate (PRI)
General Requirements Of Federal Fire Service Recruitment:
- Applicant must be Nigerian by birth or discent.
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- All Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications and Certificates. Any certificate or qualification not
declared and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be accepted after recruitment.
- Applicant must be free from financial embarrassment;
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 to 30 years old.
- Applicant must be medically fit and present certificate of medical fitness from any government hospital.
- Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence;
- Applicant must not be a member of a secret society, cult, a drug addict e.t.c.;
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females;
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017 Application Instruction:
You are to strictly adhere to this instructions below if you are applying for 2017/2018 Federal Fire Service Recruitment
Log on to the Federal Fire Service employment portal at www.fedfire.gov.ng/careers
Applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered for ONLINE Aptitude Test. Applicants selected for Aptitude Tests will be provided a Unique Test ID Number.
Any Applicants that fail to submit an online application, attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), and other necessary support documents will not be considered .
The following documents are required and should be scanned and uploaded online where required:
- A comprehensive CV
- A recent Passport (sized) Photo
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Certificate of State of Origin
- All certificates from Primary School to the Highest Level of Education Obtained
- A Government Issued ID such as the National Identification Number (NIN), Nigerian International Passport, Valid Driver’s License
How to Apply for Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017
Interested applicants of Federal Fire Service recruitment 2017 are to note that the exercise has not yet begin at (www.fedfire.gov.ng/careers). Meanwhile, candidates are directed to keep visiting this page for important updates regarding this recruitment . Better still, bookmark this page and like our facebook page for instant update.