How To Send Money From Nigeria To Another Country — The Available Means To Tranfer Money From Nigeria To Other Countries In The World
Sending money from another country to Nigeria is far more easier than sending money from Nigeria to other countries and this has been a norm for decades. It is more comfortable transferring funds from foreign countries to Nigerian than transferring money from Nigeria to another country.
As a Nigerian, sometimes the need to send money to another country may arise any time but you will be left stranded if you don’t know how to transfer money from Nigeria to another country like USA, Ghana,United State, UK, South Africa, China, Europe, Kenya, Dubai , Germany ,London,UAE etc. We want to use this medium to teach you the available means to transfer money from Nigeria to other countries effortlessly .
Some people might tell you lie that you can’t send money from Nigeria to another country that you can only receive please that was in the stone age, these days technology has made thing very easy for us all. We want to use this time to explain to you the options available to transfer money from Nigeria to countries such as China, United Kingdom (UK), India, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Switzerland, France, Germany, Denmark, Belgium,United States of America (USA), Russia, Ghana, Spain, Jamaica, United Arab Emirates (UAE) Dubai, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Mexico, Italy, Egypt, Israel, Indonesia, Kenya and anywhere in the world.
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) placed rules that prohibit Outbound Money Transfer (OMT) from Nigeria to other countries . What this means is that the outbound money transfer services is only limited to only person to person transaction while business to business is not allowed . The law laid down rules by CBN states that individual can send up to $5,000 to another individual abroad.
There are currently 6 secured ways to transfer money from Nigeria to another country and i will be shedding more light on some of the sure ways. While the rest of the methods are self explanatory.
- Western Union Money Transfer
- Money Gram
- Domiciliary Account
How To Send money From Nigeria to Another Country Via Firstbank’s Western Union Money Transfer Service
To transfer money from Nigeria to another country through Western Union Money Transfer Service you will need some documents which are necessities. You are going to need your receiver’s location and bank details, Identification and Cash.
1. Visit your Bank where you intend to make the transaction, meanwhile it most be a Nigerian banks that is a western union agents like First bank Nig PLC.
2. Go straight to their customer service desk and tell them you want to make a transfer to the country
3. Fill the form that will be given to you . Ensure you have the details of the person at the receiving end . This is the recipient’s personal information.
4. Provide a Means of Identification which can either be your National identification card, drivers license or International Passport.
5. The money you want to send. I will personally counsel you to send money from Nigeria to another country through Firstbank’s western union money transfer service because their’s is more easy and fast.
2. How To Send money From Nigeria to Another Country Via Domiciliary Account
To send money from Nigeria to another country through Domiciliary Account or Dom account as it is mostly called, follow the steps outlined below. This Dom account is a special account that is designed for transactions in foreign currencies. It can be funded via foreign currency deposit, cash inflows, travellers cheques, lodgement of foreign currency cheques. Domiciliary account allows you make money transfer , withdraw cash, payment of clients, friends or suppliers offshore.
This service is only available to Domiciliary Account holders in Nigeria but if you don’t have one you can open right away . To open a Domiciliary Account in Nigeria simply visit any GTbank branch nearest to you. Tell them you want to open a Dom account and they will tell you what to do. Mind you, other Nigerian banks also offer Domiciliary Account but GTbank is more easier to open
Assuming you have opened one for yourself and you are now ready to transfer the money from Nigeria to maybe US or UK, simply locate their customer service Reps and request that you want to transfer from your domiciliary account to another account at-side Nigeria. You will be given a money transfer form to fill, complete the form . Some of the information that will be required to complete are recipient’s account name, account number, name of the bank and branch name, SWIFT CODE, Routing Number,beneficiary’s name etc.
Once the form is duly complete, submit it and you will receive an SMS that the transaction is successful because the money have been deducted from your DOM account within 48-72hours.
3.How To Send money From Nigeria to Another Country Via PayPal Money Transfer
PayPal has been the world’s largest online payment platforms where individuals and business entities make easy international payments. This means of sending funds aside the country is more effective when it comes to transferring small amount of money out of the country. To use this method, all you need is a fully approved PayPal account and Firstbank of Nigeria PLC has taken the lead in providing a PayPal account to Nigerians.
Assuming you have a PayPal account with Firstbank, now go to the any Firstbank nearest to your house and tell them you want to transfer from your PayPal account to another account overseas. You will be given a PayPal money transfer form to be filled. All you have to do is fill the form correctly and submit.
4. How To Send money From Nigeria to Another Country Via UBA MoneyGram
UBA MoneyGram is one of the fastest and safest means to send money from Nigeria to another country in 2017. MoneyGram now has over 300,000 locations in over 200 countries. Sending funds from Nigeria to another country through MoneyGram is one of the coolest alternatives . The first thing to do is walk into any UBA branch nearest to you and tell them you want to send money to another country via ‘Naija Sends’. They will surely understand that grammar and you will be given MoneyGram money transfer form to complete.
Withing few minutes your transaction will be successful . Other means of sending money from Nigeria to another countries are Payoneer and Neteller but the means explained above will do.
We this post , we have been able to answer questions like ;
- How to send money from Nigeria to USA
- How to transfer money from Nigeria to bank account abroad
- How to send money from Nigeria to Europe
- How to send money from Nigeria to United State
- How to send money from Nigeria to Cameroun
- How to send money from Nigeria to Ghana
- How to send money from Nigeria to India
- How to transfer money from Nigeria to Pakistan
- How to transfer money from Nigeria to Dubai
- How to send money from Nigeria to Germany
- How to send money from Nigeria to UK
- How to send money from Nigeria to Malaysia
- How to send money from Nigeria to Canada
- How to send money from Nigeria to South Africa
- How to transfer money from Nigeria to Philippines
- How to send money from Nigeria to Jamaica
- How to send money from Nigeria to Kenya
- How to transfer money from Nigeria to London
- How to send money from Nigeria to UAE
- How to send money from Nigeria to China
- How to send money from Nigeria to Indonesia
Don’t forget to thank me later when you are done transferring money from Nigeria to your loved once abroad.